Why my printer not printing black ink
It’s not unusual to encounter ‘Not printing black ink’ error while dealing with printers. And the common most reason for the error is you have exhausted black ink. But there are cases when replacing completely filled cartridges also don’t resolve the problem.
If that’s the case with you, then below mentioned can be a reason of its occurrence
- Low ink cartridge- Check for low filled ink cartridges and replace them with newly filled ink cartridges
- Clogged print heads
- Tampered nozzles
- Plastic tape not removed
- Printer Driver issues
Troubleshooting steps to solve printer not printing black ink issue
- Turn on your printer to run quality Diagnostic report or Test print a page to testify black ink is not printing.
- If not, open the cartridge access area to get a hold on ink cartridges.
- Remove low filled ink cartridges, if any.
- Check if the plastic tape or covering has been removed or not, often people forget to remove it.
- Remove ink cartridge from the slot to check for clogged print head. If there is any spilled or dried ink then clean it. For cleaning purpose, you need to use warm water.
- When putting cartridges back in the slot make sure it snaps right into the place.
- Re-installation of cartridges will be required if you are replacing them. Because if you don’t it may not calibrate and show abnormalities.
- Post re-installation, perform the Test Print step again to check if the error is solved.
- Few printers avail you with automated Deep cleaning facility which can be performed.
If your printer still doesn’t print in black, try updating printer driver
- For updating printer driver, you will require to download the software first.