Why my computer restarts automatically again and again
A general practice we often perform when dealing with computers is rebooting them. If our system is slow or hanged, or maybe behaving abnormally- The best solution is to reboot and it does solve issues several times.
What if this reboot starts happening abruptly? Like rebooting automatically again and again? If your system has offered you the privilege then only you will know how annoying it gets.
Reasons why your computer restarts automatically again and again?
Altered Automatic restart settings.
Corrupted Registry files.
Faulty or incompatible OS update.
Injected malware in your computer.
There can be other more reasons as well for automatic system reboot. In some cases, the computer shows this automatic restart issue after installing windows 8 or 10 updates.
How to stop a computer from restarting automatically?
1. Uncheck Automatic restart settings
Open View advanced system settings from your computer.
Go to Startup and Recovery and tap on Settings.
Uncheck/ unmark Automatically restart field.
- This doesn’t restart your computer automatically in case of error, rather show it.
- Restart your system to implement the changed settings.
2. Update Drivers
Outdated drivers can result in few functions not working properly. So, keep your drivers updated.
For updating drivers for HP computers, go to their official website and check for latest and compatible driver software for your computer model and download and install them.
3. Uninstall recently updated windows
- If the windows update has caused restarting issues in your computer, uninstall recent updates. Once you uninstall recent updates make sure windows doesn’t reinstall them as it often reinstalls updates.
Open Windows Update and tap on Change Settings.
- Check for updates, but let me decide whether to download and install them option should be selected.
Follow screen instructions and implement changes so that each time an important update is due, it will ask for your permission before installing them.
4. Check for faulty Hardware
Faulty hardware can affect your computer badly. Check CPU for overheating issues.
Check for external devices and RAM. Remove them and reconnect one by one to know the faulty hardware.
5. Clean viruses and malware from the computer
Perform system scan and check for viruses, malware or any such malicious files.
Get rid of those with software scan or antivirus program.
If you don’t have an antivirus program installed on your computer then know how to remove virus from laptop without antivirus in windows 10.
Duplicate or corrupt registry files can also be a reason for automatic restart of your computer. Removing those duplicate or corrupt files can fix the issue, but one should be careful while doing so because deleting wrong registry file may cause another issue.