How to speed up my laptop for free
Laptops also gets worked up if troubled with huge pressure, just like humans. So, it’s only obvious that their performance degrades over time. A laptop working efficiently a week ago may not work the same at present. The performance may slow down all of a sudden or because of problems of aging.
Who likes to work on a slow machine? I say No one! But spending dollars to boost your laptop performance is again a thing not many would consider. There’s plenty of content available on net but which one would actually help you speed up your laptop for free?
Here, these are Top 5 tried and tested ways to speed up your laptop for free
- Clean the Mess- We often keep loads and loads of unnecessary data in our desktop like folders, files, shortcuts etc. Try and get rid of the unnecessary data and keep your desktop clean. Close items from system tray as they too get started when you turn on your laptop.
- Beware of Auto startup programs- Some are in built and some through third party applications activate auto startup programs. These slow down your laptop as they also take CPU time along with the usual processes while rebooting.
- Check for virus, malware, adware – Keep your laptop protected from these for speedy performance. These enters in your laptop through various media like (Through downloads, pop up ads, visiting malicious sites, emails, infected hard drive). Scan your laptop for such possible threats and be cautious while using internet.
- Keep your OS, drivers and applications up to date - whenever an update is due it keeps sending you notifications. Do not ignore these as they can boost up your laptops performance and fix issues like slowing down. The applications you use also needs attention and requires regular update.
- Uninstall applications that you don’t use anymore – Go to Programs and application folder in your laptop and uninstall programs that are not required. These programs unnecessarily take up space and slow down your laptop's efficiency. Even if you do need them once in a while you can reinstall use and uninstall.
You can customize or personalize display and Visual effects options to a simpler one or maybe avoid playing games. These are a few tricks you can try which will definitely improve your laptop’s performance and longevity and yes, it comes Free!