How to remove virus from laptop without antivirus
The fact that viruses are a deliberate attempt to breach of security of your system makes them extremely difficult to remove. The hacker intentionally hides malicious files in places that we don’t notice usually. Removing these viruses through software programs and antivirus programs are somewhat easier rather than doing it on your own.
However, it’s not impossible to remove these viruses just the fact you need to be careful while removing these malicious files.
Follow these steps attentively and that should help you remove virus from laptop without antivirus in windows 10
- Open Task Manager in your windows 10 by pressing CTRL+ ALT+ DEL simultaneously.
- Let the Task Manager window open itself, switch to the Processes tab.
- This shows number of tasks running in your windows 10 device at the moment.
- Browse through the processes and find out if there is any suspicious file. Search for the unfamiliar file in web to find out if it’s a virus. If yes, force stop the process.
- Once you launch System configuration utility, press startup tab.
- This tab contains all processes that launch themselves when your laptop reboots. Check the list of processes to find out any malicious file (may or may not have a red flag symbol).
- Delete these files.
- Open computer Menu from your windows 10 laptop and browse to Hard drive utility. Deleting corrupted files from Hard drive should work.
If still you are not able to remove viruses from your windows 10 then try switching to safe mode. For switching to safe mode
- Press the start button from bottom left corner of your laptop.
- Tap on the Power button.
- Select Troubleshooting> Advanced Options> Startup Settings.
- Click Restart and wait for a menu with numbered startup options to appear.
- To enter Safe Mode, press 4.
- To enter Safe Mode with Networking, press 5.
- Press Shift key while clicking on reboot to open a Menu.
When you enter Safe Mode only basic utility processes run and if your laptop is infected it should speed up in Safe Mode. Delete temporary files and corrupt files for removing virus without software scan. You may need a software or antivirus scan to remove virus in windows 10 if the problem persists.